Monday, July 21, 2008

Rock the Bells, and other things.....

Alright, so on Saturday, I got to go, with Glenn, of course, to the Rock the Bells festival at Tinley Park. To the left, you see Method Man up in the stands. To the right, Phife and Q-tip, from Tribe.

I think I learned never to have expectations for a show like that. I turned to Glenn as we were walking in, and said, Lord, this is going to be a freaking sausage fest. It was far from that. I also thought, with no way of putting this delicately, that it was going to be a bunch of 30 year old white guys. It was far from that, too.

I felt Method Man and Redman got it best, in terms of working a show on that type of level, with that many people. Completely incorporating the crowd at every point. Mos Def didn't fit. He's like a jazz show, in that you're supposed to relax, maybe have a drink, chill out, and think. A crowd at a festival like that has no interest in thinking. Tribe....well.....Phife Dog is looking old as shit. Still doing his thing, and doing it well, but lord, he was looking old. And they did some tracks I was just not expecting, like Skypager.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. I was still sore from standing and nodding my head for 9 hours. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Other notes:
-Tomorrow, Tuesday night, I'm participating in a celebrity horse race at the Champaign County Fair. I think post time is around 8:15 or so. Its harness racing, with a jockey next to me. Man, am I nervous. I have a feeling I'm going to fall out of the cart or something horrendous.
-Tonight, I bought a bottle of gluten free soy sauce. Now I can have some good sushi.
-CrackMonkeys won again.....just keep finding the right things at the right time.
-I'm going to have to spend a lot of time this weekend writing up the Zook Zone. Not exactly looking forward to it, but its part of the job.
-As for Kevin....as many of you know, he had major, emergency surgery on Wednesday of last week. It was very difficult to see him the first few days, with tubes everywhere. But he's doing so much better, and was in better spirits this morning when I saw him. And by better spirits, I mean complaining about everything, which is exactly what I would hope.
-My friend Ted moves to Jamaica next week. Bizarre, man.
-I forgot to mention the Pharcyde. I love the Pharcyde. Love them.
-I was inspired today by my friend Brittany to post my weight here, as I've got a goal to get to by Leigh's wedding in September. So, I'm at 172. I want to get below 165, and close to 160.
So there you go.

1 comment:

RomanX said...

All I am going to say is it was freakin' hot. Red and Meth definitely rocked the joint. I will give it up for Supernatural...he got the place jumping....

Also that Denny's "incident" just gets stranger and stranger the more I think about. Why do we witness stuff like that?