Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Poker update, before the life update:

Okie dokie.....I'll try to sum up as best I can from the stats I scribbled down for myself.

Profit for August: $11.37.
Sessions played: 133. The majority were positive, but I didn't go through and check. I'd guess probably about 75ish.
Hands: 5650, at a ratio, roughly of 3/1 of 2NL and 5NL.
Hours played: 24.83
Earning: 2.40BB/100 hands played, 5.47BB/hr, $.20/100 hands played, $.46/hr.

Overall, since beginning to keep track at the beginning of the year, I'm up $3.45 at the 5NL tables ($.13/hr), and $70.07 at the 2NL tables ($.50/hr). (I should point out that those rates are actually comparable, because I tend to play 3 tables at 2NL while playing 1 table at 5NL. So, it's about 15cents/table/hr at the 2NL table. I'm doing this current 3/1 ratio to help maintain my bankroll management. At any one moment, I've got $14 spread over 4 tables. That's actually more than recommended in terms of a ratio to your bankroll, but not awful.)

I played 3 tournaments in August, and won 1, and broke even for the month there. Took one horrible, horrible beat preventing me from getting a satellite entry in to a much bigger tournament. As a result, that cost me a couple bucks, but I'm still pissed off about it.

So, my bankroll after August is at:
$176.41

Like I had said, I wanted to get to $200. I did not do that. I had what I would call a rough month in terms of some bad stretches, but managed to stay on the positive side of things overall.

So my goals for September: Play about 30-40 hours, and hit $200.

I've also gotten closer to my goal of clearing my first bonus. Basically, you get bonus points based on how many hands you play in, and the size of the pots, that kind of stuff. Once you get to 750 points, you get a free $10.

This month, I cleared 140 points, to run my total for the year to 443. So, I have to average about 95 points per month to clear it before the end of the year. I definitely think that's possible. It could help me hit $300.

My other goal is to qualify for one Sunday Quarter Million tournament. Essentially, you can buy in to a $2 satellite tournament, and if you finish high enough, you get an entry in to a tournament that guarantees a prize pool of 250K, with an entry fee of $12. So...yeah, I want to do that once in September.

That's all.

1 comment:

muncherw said...

Where do you play poker at?