Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sorry....I'm not getting great internet connections.


You know, Ali and Craig have the crappiest internet ever. It's like dialup! :)

Seriously, it is slow.

I'm going to try and put one picture here, but it'll probably take 5 minutes to upload. Literally.

Things have been well. I've been trying to relax a bit the last couple of days. I've played a little bit of poker (not as good...couple of bad beats, and a couple of times I just got beat), shopped a bit, walked around the city quite a lot, and watched more Arrested Development. I'm having a very good time, and enjoying some time away from work and all, for sure.

Craig and Ali arrive back in a half hour or so. Its 7PM here in Melbourne.

This afternoon, I made it to the Melbourne-West Coast Australian Rules Football Game. I love the game. I think it's continuously exciting. Unfortunately, the team I was cheering for, West Coast, lost by 20. Their midfielders, if that's what you call them, were terrible. They just gave up possession after possession. ANd too many hand passes!
Also of note, they gave away free red bull. And I liked it. Who knew?!

The thing that strikes me most about Australia is that people are so much more polite here than they are in the states. I realize I'm saying that on the 4th of July, but it is true. Everyone is courteous, respectful, and just kind to each other. Its fascinating to watch.

Maksim and I have had some nice time together over the last couple of days. I hope he still talks to me once Ali and CT get here.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll get to see the tennis center. Then, I head back to Sydney on Monday, and back to the states on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Teach said...

I hate to break it to you Mike, but I don't think you have to travel all the way to Australia for a free Red Bull...Tony snagged a free one couple weeks ago in the Ville.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hear WWN in a few days....safe travel back...thanks for the updates

Dad