Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's fascinating

is the reactions I've been getting to the fact that I now have a tattoo.

There have been people that have been up front about thinking its stupid to get something permanent on my body.

There have been people that have been up front about thinking it is even more stupid to "tattoo your softball team's name on yourself."

There have been people who admitted they laughed when they heard that Mike Cation got a tattoo.

The most interesting thing to me is that I haven't had a second thought in my mind at all. I ALWAYS doubt things I do after I do them. This one...not at all. I am so happy that it's there, and now I think about my close friends at some point during every day.

Also, I want to applaud my friend Leigh for leaving her job, with the major reason being that even though it's always what she wanted to do, she knew that it just wasn't making her happy any more. That's a huge step to take, and even though it is scary, she's taken the plunge, and I support that. She'll continue to be one of my inspirations, as I figure out what my next step will be in the next few years, as radio continues to (apparently) shrivel up and die a slow death.

3 comments:

RomanX said...

I do not think your tattoo is funny.

People get tats for all types of other extremely stupid reasons, and do not have to hear one word of that choice.

I think you articulated your reasons quite clearly. I find it more honest what you did, then the ubiquitous barbed wire, and 'tramp stamps' that populate others (no offense meant to those who chose that route).

Your's was not a means of showing independence or rebellion, but to mark something significant to you. I can think of no better reason to get a tattoo then that.

DJLeigh said...

Thanks, Dude! That means a lot!

As for the tat, I have two and love them both. Just rememeber they're not for other people, they're for you. I love your tattoo! Wonder what your next one will be?

RomanX said...

If he asks, I am going to vote for a tat of Icarus.