Monday, January 25, 2010

Immediate, pre-tournament goals:

1) Make smart decisions
2) Open up my range a little bit with what hands I'll play, and when.
3) Finish in the top 500 of the 1700 entered. Once I get to 500, anything can happen. I need to finish in the top 153 for anything important to happen. That's probably unlikely, but hey...life is weird sometimes.

Also, while taking my afternoon nap, I dreamed about poker. Two unfortunate notes about that. First, I dreamed that it was a heads up tournament (meaning you only play against one other person at a time), and that the top 127 got paid. Luckily, there were only 132 playing, so I was in good shape. And secondly, in my first round, I was dealt four nines! Of course, normally in no-limit hold-em, you're only dealt two cards. So, I think that statistically, that may be an impossibility. But I'm keeping my hopes up.

No comments: