Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Social Networking.....and other random stuff.



If anyone would like to teach me how to alter my new facebook news feed so that all I see are
a) status updates
and
b) photos,
that would be swell. I do not want to know the rest of the stuff. I can tell I'm getting old, because all I think about when I see facebook "redesigns" is "GET OFF MY LAWN YOU PUNK KIDS."

I've tried hard not to be an annoying facebook and twitter person. Maybe a new status every 2-3 days. That's not too much to ask. I, unfortunately, have not gotten in to a good habit of doing it that often. I need to work on that.

My friend Sandy Stipp, whose blog can be found at sandrastipp.blogspot.com, has 17 followers, and 4 posts. I have probably 100 posts, and 7 followers. DAMMIT.

I'm thrilled at the Illinois victory last night. For a selfish reason. This year, when I have to go to the Wisconsin band concert, I will not be forced to watch highlights of Illinois getting beat by the Badgers in basketball at the Kohl Center. THANK YOU JEEBUS. Instead, I will wear a nice Illinois jersey. In combination with my "On Wiscation" shirt.

My running is going very slow. My left knee is blowing up a lot. My personal trainer, Amber Nagele, has been slow on the uptake with a cure.

In 8 days, I will be in Las Vegas. I am desperately in need of the break, as I've hit that point in the sports schedule where I will be working sports 3 days a week from here until May. I obviously need the money, but still...it is difficult.

Today, we start filming some "Teammate Game" features for fightingillini.com. I'll try to get those up here when they become available.

Also of note, the Grilling of the Meats was held this past Sunday at the Voss household. We had 13 meats, technically, with prosciutto and bacon on top of other meats...I'll get pictures up here or on facebook sometime shortly. It was a great success, as always.

Also fun was the Gameday experience on Saturday morning. I got my photo taken with the Gameday crew, but they were all looking elsewhere.

Any questions? Please ask. Thanks.

5 comments:

tyler said...

I feel equally curmudgeonly when it comes to facebook. Sort of like in this article.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/webguide/internetlife/2010-02-10-1Asocialbacklash10_CV_N.htm

Followers doesn't equate to readership. My blog has zero "followers" but I know that like 3 people check it from time to time.

Holly said...

Totally agree about Facebook. All I ever look at is statuses and the photos page. I don't want any of the other crap.

Good win last night. So fun.

Dr. Cappa said...

Just 13 meats? I am a little disappointed. Was bear on the menu?

Kris said...

Cation, I can't figure out how to become a follower, maybe other people have that same problem???

Teach said...

Thanks for hanging in there. Have a fun time in Vegas.