Friday, March 26, 2010

Blogging for the fun of it....

Thanks to those of you that I know that have joined the Mix Racing team for the Illinois Marathon. We're still in need of some people to sign up, so if you, or anyone you know, is running on May 1st, please ask them to sign up. It costs $20, with the money going to the American Cancer Society. That's it. Really simple. And you get a wonderful Mix racing shirt. Thanks for your support! :)

Had a couple of NIT games to announce this week. I certainly understand the issues of motivation for games like that. It isn't the end all be all, as the next day, you're watching the NCAA tournament. But I guess if you're there, you give it your all. So I know I did, and I was happy with how I performed. I was also approached by someone with the Indiana Sports Commission about potentially doing events in Indianapolis. That's a big yes.

Also, I was asked to give a clinic about football PA announcing by the National Association of Sports Public Address Announcers. Now, I'm honored, but I don't do football. So I had to turn it down, sadly. But I've now got a professional organization for freaks like me! Yippee!

This weekend brings a Crackmonkey get together at the Cappa house hold, which means one of two things: A High Stakes Poker Tournament, where, inevitably, I will lose my money to someone who tries to collect diamonds because they're pretty, or a wonderful game of catchphrase. Likely, the latter, as the $10 we'd need for poker is out of most people's price range. Tony and Jill, our wonderful hosts, have offered to do this despite Jill being 6 months pregnant. And having to deal with Tony.

Speaking of poker, I've been playing relatively well of late, although I realized a couple of weeks ago that playing sick is a horrendous idea. I couldn't make proper decisions, made horrible reads, and only won money from Tony when I got lucky and my Queens beat his Aces. So that won't be happening again if I can avoid it.

OK, so Julia and I are planning a trip through the south this summer. We're going to go to Raleigh to visit her friend Lindsay, but after that, we'll be rambling through the south on our way back. We could really use some thoughts on where we should go! No idea will be rejected. If you want to leave anonymous ideas, that is fine too.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments: