Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Current poker update

On pokerstars, I continue to make slow and steady progress toward my goal of having $100 in my account by June. I got to 85 at one point last week, only to lose $4 in one day, most of it on one hand where I had pocket Aces, which, for those of you that don't know, is the best hand you can have pre-flop. That was a bummer.

I'm also really enjoying playing live with Tony and his vet friends. Mostly because of the fact that Tony has a couple of drinks, and so does everyone else, and I sit there stone sober, and watch them do some crazy things. For example, Tony took it upon himself this past weekend to fall out of his chair. Yet I couldn't quite take any of his money. Card dead.

Speaking of which, if anybody out there is thinking ahead for a nice birthday present for Mike Cation, Card Player magazine would be swell.

I'm also finding I really enjoy discussing hands as they come up. I wish I had a few more people to discuss them with.

After I move up upon reaching $100 in my account, I'd also love to try some other games on poker stars. I've already found some good videos about how to play pot-limit omaha and how to play 7 card stud, but I think it'll take some more time to really "get" those games. Especially when I won't get a lot of experience playing it live.
I also have to start thinking about when I can go up and play in Chicago sometime soon.

That's all on that front for now. My thoughts on the Illinois Marathon are upcoming tomorrow.

4 comments:

EJ Hunter said...

When I'm playing with my Pokerstars account, I've noticed that when I have a rockin hand (like pocket aces, or cowboys) and playing on the 6 person table that someone else has an equal hand that rocks. I've lost on pocket aces, so I definitely feel your pain. For the record, pocket jacks are evil.

Teach said...

Glad I can find out what stupid things my husband does while I'm away through your blog...thanks.

Dr. Cappa said...

In my defense, I had only had 2 beers at that point and the main reason I fell was because my belt got hooked on the back of the chair when I stood up. I have no defense; however, for the rest of the night. Thanks for driving Mike!

ffxiv said...

FFXIV Gil,Buy FFXIV Gil,FFXIV Power

Leveling
,FFXIV

Gold
,Tera Gold,APB Cash,Eudemons Eps,C9 Gold,Dragonica Gold,Last Chaos Gold,Buy FFXIV Gil,Sell all

kinds of game gold, welcome to visit website Orderwww.wowlv.com.