Monday, May 24, 2010

Quick update:

Today is Monday, the day after Lost wrapped up. I'm going on 2 1/2 hours sleep. Managed to not screw up on air. Which in itself is quite astounding.

Things have been nice and quiet for me over the past week, which is nice. And Julia ended up going out of town for the entire weekend, so I really didn't have a ton of obligations or things to do, so I got two night of good, solid sleep, and allowed myself some time to just relax. It was spectacular.

Unfortunately, the heat has kicked in, and so has my obscene reaction to it. I tried running on Saturday evening, with the temperature still at 80. After 30 minutes, of a 52 minute run, I felt like my body was going to shut down. Not good, considering I was 2 1/2 miles from home. But I busted through it. Good lord I hate hot weather. Well, I shouldn't say that. I hate how my body reacts to it.

Got in a solid softball game last night, with the Crackmonkeys defeating the Astronutz, 24-1. 3 of the Monkeys had previously played on the Nutz, and 2 of the Nutz have played on the Monkeys, so lots of drama there. Just glad it is over with, and we got extremely lucky to have scored 24 runs. In 3 innings. Most of them in a 17 run stretch with 2 outs in the 3rd. Yikes.

Going on vacation in a couple of weeks. Can't remember if I posted the official destination list in my last post, but here it is:

Raleigh for 2 nights
Charleston for 1
Savannah for 1
Atlanta for 2
Nashville for 1
Then back.
Should be fun. Looking forward to getting on the road. I love driving around more than flying to and from. Love the freedom involved in it. If I had a month, and a ton of cash, I'd just hop in a car and just go and figure out where I'm going later. So, apparently, I need to work on gaining some cash. So that I can quit my job, and then just drive around. That would be alright. Ultimately, I'd love to do a tour of every baseball stadium during a summer. We all have our weird dreams.

7 comments:

Teach said...

This really is a bromance made in heaven...not just poker, but also the love for road trips. Tony loves road trips, you better get planning!

Anonymous said...

Get to Boston....Fenway was an experience

Dad

Matthew Barbeau said...

Wasn't Savannah that big Poet figure?

Fred Hayden said...

Savannah, savannah, was too savage to feel the Johnnys extend all over town doing the waltz till morning

Matilde Lucchesi said...

Atlanta, atlanta, what an unsophisticated city, it's worse than Toa Baja

Paige Potts said...

Isn't Savannah a famous Actor figure?

Miranda Greece said...

Lord is too bright. Lord is so much more pleased