Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back in a boot.....


So, here it is, the big boot. It is tall, and a bit bulky, and it's taken a little bit of time to adjust to. But it's not all bad. The positives are that after two days, my leg honestly feels a lot better, and less achy. (Is that a word?) And obviously, it's also very fashionable. The drawbacks....well, it's bulky, and hard to drive with. But you take the good, you take the bad....And then you get Mrs. Garrett.
This was a very productive weekend. I helped Glenn move (which I did without the boot, because I didn't think that would be good for going up and down stairs), and other than that, I didn't do a damned thing. Perfect. I did play some poker online, and earned a couple of bucks. I put 6 things on ebay. I paid my bills. I vacuumed. I slept a lot. I organized. I put together a collage of all of my media credentials. In a frame! I know. I'll have to put a picture of that on here eventually. So, all in all, a fun weekend. And softball tonight.
(Yes, I know it is stupid to play softball with a broken leg. But who else is going to pitch?)

Other notes:
-Congratulations to Tony and Jill (stuckinchambana) on welcoming Macy in to the world. I'm secretly hoping they'll come out to the softball game tonight so we can see her, but it might be a little too soon to bring Macy in to the CrackMonkey world, yet. Lots of swearing and drinking. Better give her another week.
-Congratulations to tehRyan (stank) on his marriage yesterday. And more congratulations for being able to keep it relatively quiet for 8 months.
-I have yet to try out medium on Guitar Hero. I think I'm nervous.
-This week, i am planning on trying out a new/old gym. I get my membership to the Fitness Center in the morning. I'm hoping that with some more space, I'll do OK. I wish the ten dollar place had expanded. Jerks.
-In 3 months, Leigh is getting married. Weird.
-Congrats also to my brothers on their high school graduation. It gets just more and more flummoxing to think they're going to be at Eastern in a couple months.
-I go on vacation in 3 weeks. I'm very, very excited about it.
That's all for now.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Um, the 10 dollar place did expand, didn't it? Isn't it in the old OTB building? It'd be right on your way to/from work. *scratches head*

Teach said...

We did consider coming to the game...unfortunately she needed to eat at the time. Priorities! I guess she truly is our girl if eating is her number one thing:)