Monday, July 14, 2008

We had a bit on the air today.....

about Kevin's wife making him go to a party for someone he didn't know, instead of the Batman premiere, which he'd been planning on going to for several months.

I love Angela (I really do), but man....I think I'd be upset if someone forced something on me if I really wanted to see that movie. For example, (Hi Glenn!) when the Star Wars movies were rereleased, I totally had to see that opening night. HAD to. To be a part of that experience. I feel bad that Kevin really wanted that, but isn't going to get it.
I think some women didn't like me saying that, and then made comments about that's why I don't have a girlfriend/wife, but still....I think that it's important to have experiences like that from time to time.
So I'm insensitive.
I'd like to echo my friend Glenn's call for a salute to the softball team.....the Crackmonkeys finished the regular season 7-2, and in a tie for first in the league. Pretty cool. Never had that happen before.
Ted's in town this week.
Haven't seen him tonight, though. That's cool. Maybe tomorrow.
I wish to God I could stop watching Girls Next Door. But I just can't. It's fascinatingly bad. Kendra drives me nuts. Completely crazy.
My grandmother apparently has what's called "Broken Heart Syndrome" where part of her heart stops working for a period of time, like a few weeks. She sounded great on the phone though, and we find out about the treatment later tomorrow.
Also of note, I haven't made a big deal of this, but I'm not drinking pop anymore (other than mixed drinks), and I haven't had any chocolate (outside of my little gluten free granola bars) for a while (outside of that one treat in Madison). I'm hoping to drop about 10 pounds by Leigh's wedding. That would be the goal. Hard to do without running.....
That's all for now.

3 comments:

RomanX said...

Heh...I remember when I missed a game to catch a movie opening night....

Teach said...

no chocolate, are you crazy?

hey i saw that workout 24 was behind $30,000 in rent, is that where you were at?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.