Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Random thoughts for October 14th-

Lots of things to get to.
1) A shoutout to Grandma and Grandpa Cation, who apparently saw the video of Laura becoming a magician, and left a voicemail saying "dishes are supposed to stay on the table." Good point, Grandma....however, they were also not supposed to stay out all night!
(and neither were we)
2) A special shoutout of love and support to the ass who hit me in the nuts during our softball game last night, without a simple "my bad." I have three bruises on my body today from getting hit by you assholes last night. And 0 apologies. 0.
(for the record, my bruises are on my ankle, my left hand, which might have saved my ability to procreate some day, and right above my dillybar.)
3) I had a fun night at the Crackmonkey party on Saturday night, where we got to hand out all of our awards for the wonderful summer season, and as Jill Cappa so aptly put it, I was being a ham. Shocking.
4) I have found I have at least one friend who uses me in certain situations, but doesn't like to hang out on my time. Not sure how to handle that.
5) I think i'm going to start pulling a George Costanza, and start doing the opposite of what I normally would do. I'm interested to see the fallout.
6) My new vacuum cleaner is lovely. It actually works well.
7) On Saturday, there is a possibility that 15 or so 21 year old girls will be staying in my apartment, as my cousin and her club volleyball team will be in town from Madison. There is a whole hell of a lot of "what the eff are you doing there" possibilities. As in, Mike, this is not a good idea. But it's family.
8) Read an interesting article this morning, and I wish I could find and link it, about the possibility that Obama's poll numbers are overly inflated by white guilt. That when asked by another person, that many whites feel guilty saying they're not voting for the black guy, so they say they are. But when they're by themselves, they vote for the white guy. Interesting read.
9) Personally, I'm very excited that last Friday, I was able to run four miles. First time since May that I was able to go past 3.1 . Very exciting.
10) I would love to spend Saturday just cleaning and reorganizing this place, but don't have time. Any suggestions?

Did I miss anything here? Let me know.

2 comments:

RomanX said...

4) Now, do they use you up?
5) I agree with this plan.
7) I also whole-heartedly agree with this plan as well.
8)I think you are mixing your sociological terms "white guilt" would have Obama netting more votes, what you have described is more generally referred to as the "Bradley Effect" in "honor" of the former mayor of Los Angeles who ran for governor of California in 1982. He was slated to win by a huge margin, according to polls, but ended up losing.
10)Hire a maid?

Teach said...

10.) It sounds like you have some live in maids coming for the weekend. Although you may be interested in a different method of payment, I think they owe you some cleaning in exchange for staying at your place.