Friday, October 9, 2009

Random thoughts that have nothing to do with anything...

This morning on the air, I was trying to describe how to say the Swedish "Bj" sound, in their names. The very Scandinavian sound, like in Bjorn. After describing it to Kevin, to further emphasize the sound, I said, "I really like the BJ..SOUND...THE SOUND, um, you know...of BJOR...like Bjorn Borg"
Oh no.

I wish I didn't like sweet tea as much as I do.

I've been playing more poker lately. I think I'm getting to a point where I'm making smarter decisions, but good night it's tough when you're playing against other bad players who make awful decisions and then get lucky.

Jupiters now has gluten free pizza. Had one last Friday. Delicious. I even had anchovies on it. Why? Because I'm odd.

It's October. Where did all that time go?

The Corner Kicks posted below, hosted by Julie "Juice" Ewing, and Jackie Santacaterina, is very, very good. They did a great job of preparing for it. As a result, I think it's the best show we've ever had. And as a result, it's going to be hard to come back from that.

This football season got worse last week, what with another awful loss to Penn State, and then the benching of Juice Williams. They have to show some signs of life tomorrow. Have to. Right?

Someone has brought their dog in to work this morning. It's a little lap dog. I thought it was a doll at first. Since when do we have Bring Your Dog To Work Day? Can I bring Stinky and Bonita in here? That would be awesome.

Speaking of which, you really have to love when your pets start getting cold and are stuck in your kneepits all night, trying to stay warm.

Gotta go do an interview for my bad Sunday morning news/public affairs show. Bad. Bad bad bad.

Oh, and this weekend:
Illinois football tomorrow...and Illinois soccer on Sunday. Who knows what else.

1 comment:

Holly said...

People bring dogs into our office all the time. Paisley and Sophie have each been in here at least twice (at different times because I couldn't handle the chaos that would be two dogs at my desk). :)