Monday, October 25, 2010

Things I would do if I made, let's say for the sake of this blog, 150K a year.

I do not make that much.

For some reason, people believe that because I announce for the Illinois basketball team, that I do.

I make far, far, far from that much.

OK, that being said, if I made 150K, here are the things that I would incorporate in to my life:

1) I would go to the doctor and have two things done. First, I would figure out this damned throat shelf thing. For those of you who don't know, the second year I was announcing bball, I had to go to the doctor for throat issues. It's really been a strange increasing production of phlegm, and now has developed in to a weird throat shelf where, every 2-3 weeks, a chunk of phlegm builds up. Disgusting, I know. It generally then shoots out when I clear my throat, or sneeze. Again, disgusting. Julia loves it. I would get this fixed. I do not have another thousand dollars plus to spend on it right now, however. Secondly, I would get an orthopedic surgeon to go in and work on both knees. I'm guessing that they both have enough scar tissue to line my throat, thus preventing my throat shelf thing

2) Trips to Vegas twice a year.

3) I would like to own a house some day. At the current rate of speed, that will happen when I turn 65. This is a fun goal. To retire in a house.
Not like a retirement house/home. Although that may be more likely...

4) I would like to actually put together a really fancy "man cave" type of a room (again, this would involve owning a home, or at least renting one that is big enough to allow for this type of construction). This would involve the following:
a) Two flat screen televisions
b) A poker table
c) At least one video game. Not a system, a video game. Or a pinball machine. I would prefer, however, Big Buck Hunter.
d) A couch that wraps around
e) A recliner
f) A huge desk with a computer with two screens. That way, I can play poker, and have access to other things.
g) A gigantic trophy case/book shelf type thing.

I think that would be a good start on that particular project.

5) Regular maintenance on my car. I slack on this wayyyyy too much, but you know what? Fuck, that's expensive.

6) I would like to attend more charity auctions, and bid on stuff. That seems like fun to talk trash to others who are bidding on wildly exorbinant things that you don't really need. Some day, I'll try it.

7) Before I turn 40, I would like to play in a WSOP event. I can't do that until I'm closer to earning 150K.


I think that's enough for today. I'm sure I could think of other things.

3 comments:

Dr. Cappa said...

I like to imagine sometimes what would happen if I won the big jack-pot in the lottery. I like to tell myself that I would give some to charity, I would ask my close friends to tell me 1-2 things that they really want and give that to them, and then use the rest to roll around in.

Teach said...

The problem with Tony's dreamland is...we don't ever play the lotto.

Ali said...

I think you should also include a dartboard in the man cave. Then it would sound perfect...
And, I'm sure you will soon accomplish some of those things in your list. :)