Monday, January 3, 2011

I suck for not writing more in December

So, my apologies to anyone who is still following this.

I'll try to give a quick recap of my Holidays, as best I can.

The most important thing is that I got to see most of my family, whether it be in person, or via skype. I received a ton of great gifts, and I'm incredibly thankful. I don't want to list them or brag or anything, because I realize I'm lucky to have such wonderful people in my life that are nice enough to get stuff for me. I hope that the gifts I bought for people were equally enjoyable.

Traveled to Lombard to see my Dad, although it was a pretty short visit there. While there, I had the misfortune of watching the Illinois-UIC game, and nearly crying. Just brutal to view. But we had a great dinner at Wildfire, with its gluten free buns, and I'm happy about that.

Had a great Christmas Eve-early with my mom and Julia. Our respective Santas were fun. Julia got a very nice game for the Wii, Project Runway. I can't wait to see that one in action. Mom, meanwhile, got a game where you create your own horsie and ride it around. Pretty fancy stuff.

Julia and I spent the actual holiday with her family in Tulsa. They were spectacular to me, making sure I was set to go with all of the gluten free items I could possibly want. That's a mixed blessing. I truly enjoy gluten free cakes and pies (homemade crust!), but man, my belly surely doesn't need it at all. Good gravy. Not having run in 4 months makes it difficult to burn off the necessary calories. That's for sure.

Got back in time to watch the Illini bowl victory at home. The last time the football team had won a bowl game was within a few weeks of me taking the Mix job. Thta's shaky. 1999. Also, I felt very old.

Speaking of which, I got the recent Sports Illustrated, where they highlight all of the athletes that have passed away in the last year. Now, THAT made me feel old. All of a sudden, there are these people who I used to watch, and they're dying. crud. I felt particularly bad remembering that Ron Santo passed. My poor grandmother.

That's all for now. No poker stats for December, becuase I sucked. And because then Jill will get all mad at me. Can't have that.

1 comment:

Teach said...

I think you have it wrong, Mike. This was a lovely post.