Sunday, December 14, 2008

A couple of random thoughts for today, the 14th.


-The United Center game went well. My Dad says he's got some photos, but I haven't yet seen them. I would like to. And he also has a video of me doing the intros with the lights out.
-Christmas is less than two weeks away. I'm pretty much done with my shopping, and I've stayed within my budget for the first time in probably 3-4 years. I have 2 people left to shop for. Both of these people read this blog. I want to make sure they get the gifts they should get because of the love I have for them. So it is tough.
-This Rod Blagojevich thing is just unbelievable. I won't sit here and pretend that the words that I have would have any more weight than the words written by the slew of political critics. Or wannabes, like Glenn (who needs to be a talking head). But it's really just amazing, isn't it? When you talk to legal experts, and they tell you that the only defense will be to say "well, it's always been done like this," that is just stunning. Much like others, I was not surprised that it happens. I was surprised at the length to which he has gone.
-Update on my throat: I have made a deal with Julia. I'm getting it checked after January 1, and she's getting her eyes looked at. Nice to have deals. Peer pressure is amazing.
-I am in charge of the Illini Radio Group holiday party. Vegas style, buffet, etc. And a party DJ for the people who want to dance at the end of the night. I think it will be a lot of fun.
-I get asked a lot of questions about the basketball team. All I really want to say about it is that it's been a fun team to work with so far.
-I put up Christmas lights today, for the first time ever on my own. At the age of 32.
-Bonita has her cast off. But she's not out of the woods. Her nail is now disstended (is that the right word?), and she's lightly limping. She still wants to play fetch all the time, though. Which certainly makes me happy.
-This week, I have no announcing. I'm thrilled for that. Julia gets done with her big project on Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to her not having to worry about that for a few weeks. It's certainly taken a lot of her time, and has been stressful. Sadly, I don't get to go out to Tulsa after Christmas. That's too bad. But, it is what it is. There will be another time.
-Leigh and Louis have a new car. Neat. I know no details.
-I've started watching 60 minutes again.
-Training begins now for the Illinois Marathon, April 11. I hope that I can run under 1:55. I would like to be down to 1:50 by August. We'll see. It's definitely doable.
-That's all. As always, I love questions.

4 comments:

Ali said...

You are hilarious. :) Hope to talk soon.

RomanX said...

What she said, except less Australian! And my head always be talking.

I would make a poor pundit. I don't really like to deal with conventional wisdom. That is boring.

Teach said...

marathon, huh. i'm considering the half.

Teach said...

i guess i need to think about your times before i comment...unless, of course, you are superman. i get it...half.