Monday, September 13, 2010

I like announcing...

I've been very happy that soccer is back in session, and getting to do a few games already has certainly peaked my excitement level. And to think that basketball is about a month away...actually a month and two days...well, that's exciting too.

I can't really explain it. For whatever reason, I'm much more "in the zone" or just focused when I'm announcing, rather than on the radio. Maybe it's the hours. Yes? Yes. That would be why I'm rambling right now.

OK, so, I haven't run for 3 weeks now. The hamstring is feeling much better, and the knees are starting to come around now. But my stomach? Yeah, it's fat. So I'm having to start doing some different exercises. For example, the elliptical. What the hell is that thing. Really. Does anybody actually enjoy that? It's all sorts of weird, like you're suspended in some sort of torture device. I actually think it's the human equivalent of the hamster wheel. Even more so than the treadmill.

Poker is slow this month. Just kind of cool. Not hitting things when I need them. That's poker.

Grandma Cation is in the hospital...struggling after a couple of falls last week. She's going to be fine, as she is a trooper.

This week brings some more soccer announcing, and a Corner Kicks episode, and...let's see, probably some other stuff too.

This update is sucky, but I'm trying to be better about updating. So give me a break.

2 comments:

Teach said...

I don't judge the quality of a post. Glad to read about what is going on.

paul said...

it is a great time of year when things are starting up again and it starts to feel fresher after the long summer!