Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One of the biggest disappointments that I'll ever have:

That my singing of the national anthem last Thursday at the Illini Wrestling match was not filmed in any way, shape, or form.

OK, so in case you didn't hear, yes, I sang the anthem last Thursday. To summarize, as I was reading off the senior day intros and stuff, Tim, the Event Management person, started to freak out because his music computer broke. At the same time, James Big Poppa Morton, Tim's boss, went looking for the backup national anthem CD, but it was nowhere to be found. At this point, both of them were a bit in panic mode, which put me in panic mode. James tried to tell me that maybe if I just got everybody started, it would be OK.

Well, I decided that if I got things started, I would just have to do it.

So I did.

It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, and I definitely wavered a bit, but I think it was close to being on pitch, and I remembered all the words. Now that I look back on it a week later, I'm actually very proud of myself. I was extremely nervous, but didn't freak out, and just blasted through it. And I'll always have a great story to tell.

Other notes: I've been ridiculously busy, and haven't played a lot of poker. That's not good.
I got an iphone 3. $50. Nice. Switched over to AT&T in the process, which is fine. I liked t-mobile, but not enough to have brand loyalty or anything.

I'm trying to tweet more. If you are so inclined, feel free to follow me!

1 comment:

Teach said...

Reminds me of my dad's story when he had to sing Anchors Away at my great uncle's funeral. I am sure you were much better. Sorry it wasn't recorded---now you'll be able to add your own twist to the story and nobody will know if you are stretching the truth!