Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Disappointment ensues.....


Things could certainly be worse. I certainly know that. But there's something inherently depressing about not being able to complete a half marathon that you've been training for, over a period of several months.

Please note at the left the several different tools I used to TRY and run the half marathon. Included: vicodin, athletic tape, a shin splint brace, an ACE bandage, advil, immodium, running watch, baggies to hold my drugs, and a bagel. This was the final result.
Obviously, it's not exactly pretty. But it would have been functional, I think. The first two layers of tape were very good. The last one was somewhat sloppy. That's what makes it look so ugly.
Either way, I'm very happy that Michelle was able to run her race so well, and finish in 2 hours, which would have been less had that bathroom line not been so long. I also had a spectacular time with the Voss-squared. They killed a boot at the Essen Haus. Alex looked like he'd had a can of something, not 2/3 of a boot. Impressive.
Other thank yous:
Becky- for a fun lunch.
Tracy- for keeping me entertained on the drive home.
Glenn- for taking care of the cats.
The makers of immodium- for just being themselves.
Leigh- for making time in a busy schedule for a Saturday lunch.
Doc J- for the vicodin.

Other random notes for now:
I beat Guitar Hero 3 on Easy. That was pretty fun. It is hilarious now that whenever I hear one of the songs from the game, I start thinking about playing. I heard the Killers this morning....just wanted to turn it on.
My brother Steve and his high school team, Glenbard East, made it to the state volleyball championships. They play on Friday in the quarterfinals, which I think I'm going to get to be able to see, which is very cool. I hope he gets a little bit of playing time.
Alfonso Soriano.....I can no longer take your hot and cold streaks. Show a little consistency. TIA.
If anybody has any ideas of how to recover from a tibial stress fracture, that'd be awesome. Thanks.
I picked up Meditation for Dummies at the library. Those books are not for Dummies at all.
I have to come up with some projects to keep me occupied over the next few weeks while I'm not running. All I've come up with so far is cleaning the spare room. And my car. So if you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

1 comment:

Teach said...

I've got a great idea...come take care of Baby Cappa when she arrives. :)