Monday, May 19, 2008

So....I've got 6 days until my half marathon in Madison. Today, as I type this, my leg feels better than it has in a week. But that could be the vicodin and advil talking.
(Don't worry mom, I'm not taking them together.....at different times during the day, though)
It's very disappointing to think that I wouldn't be able to finish this thing with all of the effort I've put in to it. Especially considering I was well on target to break my goal of 1:55. So, do I go for it? Do I push myself literally to the breaking point, and see what happens? Or do I just quit after a mile.
I don't have a good answer. I guess I'm going to have to see what happens.

But at this point, I'm seriously in need of some suggestions for running music for Sunday morning. Realize that I will be in serious pain, probably wanting to curse a lot, with a fast beat.
So far, I know I'm including some DMX, some Tribe, and Miley Cyrus, because that will make me furious. But any suggestions, holler.
And how should I take my meds that morning, too, while we're at it.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You forgot a title.

Oh, and HI MIKE'S MOM!! *waves*

*snicker* @ Miley Cyrus... she can't wait to see you again.