Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do you want to see my foot?



First, a couple of followups...
-Julia and I did indeed check out the farmer's market. Here is a list of things we took home: salsa, cilantro, a wheel of bread for J, and disappointment. It is just not what it was even two years ago, and absolutely pales in comparison to Madison. Just awful. I'm going to give it another shot later in the season, when it is more likely that there will be good produce.
-I would like to thank our subs on the Crackmonkey softball team for filling in this past Sunday. On a personal note, I have developed Rick Ankiel disease, and can't pitch straight. It's absolutely embarrasing, and so frustrating that I wanted to either cry, or punch and kick things when I had to pull myself off of the mound. I chose the latter option. Pitching should not be hard.
-Much love and luck to Jill on staying healthy heading in to Mahomet in August.

OK, now to today's question. As I head in to this Sunday's Madison Half Marathon, I stare at my right foot, and think, this has to be one of the more gnarly feet out there today. Two toes have bloody nails (which are more due to the softball cleats I had been wearing), and altogether, it's an ugly picture.

Today's question: Should I post a pic of this ugly, mangled foot.

3 comments:

tyler said...

no i do not want to see your nasty foot.

but also, punching and kicking things is preferable to diving headfirst into the outfield wall.

Dr. Cappa said...

Yes, show the foot. Oh, did I tell you that I have a foot fetish?

Teach said...

Yes, I'm all about the nasty pictures on blogs.

Also, do not jinx me in this whole "supposed" half in August. I am totally noncommital.