Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vegas Recap....



I love Las Vegas. I really do. I have more fun there than I probably should. We got in on Thursday. We walked up and down the strip two or three times during the first few days. We got a good night in on Friday at the Fremont Street Experience. We had a spectacular dinner as a full group of eight on Saturday night, and then Julia and I had a really good French dinner on Sunday night, before my redeye flight home.
My highlights:
-Did well at Blackjack. Would get up 10-20 bucks at a time, and walk off. Never had a losing sitdown.
-Did not do well at Star Wars slots. For the first time ever, they truly let me down. And the New York Star Wars slot was gone. That was heartbreaking.
-Julia won a 51 dollar jackpot on "Green Acres." And she sat down at a blackjack table for the first time ever. That was pretty cool.
-The dinner at the French restaurant was amazingly good. Nice pounded steak with a wine and carmelized onion sauce. And Julia had a deliciously salty halibut.
-It was great to see Brad, Bri, and Intern. Bri is pregnant. Brad apparently made her so.
-I think I would like to stay on Fremont Street the next time I'm out there. I like how relaxed it is. I like the gambling experience there.
-Also, Danny Gans died while we were there. I still don't know who he is, or what he did.

Other than that, I'm announcing 7 events this weekend. 4 tennis matches, and 3 baseball games.
Also, shout outs and birthday wishes to my Dad aka Mr. Curtis, and Glenn. Glenn turns 33. I like that his birthday is before mine, so he can take the lumps first.

Any other thoughts?

No comments: