Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quick report...

I finished in 1:52:30, an 8:35 pace.
The hills were tough. My hamstring is absolutely not in good shape right now. But the course really was pretty, lots of areas right by the water, which smelled like dead fish. Other than that, it was good.
My hamstring lost it in the 12th mile. It just didn't feel like I was going to make it, but somehow I just pushed through the last 6/10ths. To finish this race close to what I did in Champaign makes me feel very good about where I'm at.

Julia did very well as well, running close to 4 of the 6.55 of the quarter, and her calf feels pretty good, she says. So all in all, it's been a good day. We also got to attend Bratfest, and each participate in helping break the world's record for Brats eaten.

Also, Madison is still awesome. I repped in my Illinois running shirt, however.
Holler.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats man! that's a great time especially if there were hills early.

Julia said...

Hey mister, I actually ran nearly 5 of the 6.55 miles - not 4! Not that it matters... my legs are still lame and useless.