Friday, May 15, 2009

To go to the Farmer's Market or not?



So, Julia and I discussed last night the possibility of going to the farmer's market in Urbana on Sunday morning. Now, don't get me wrong. I like the idea of farmer's markets. But, and I know I'll check some flak for this, after going to Madison's farmers market twice in the last year, I think Urbana's is just somewhat poor. The selection isn't as good. Hardly any meats and cheeses. And now they're not allowing homemade baked products unless they're made at a commercial kitchen? What the heck am I supposed to buy? The onions and cabbage?

I think we'll go, because there will probably be some tasty vegetables and things that I can put in some things. I'm just not super duper thrilled like I am when I go to the one in Madison.

That's that.

Also, in other notes, I finished with a 94% in my PR class at Parkland. I'm happy to have gotten an A.

Also, a shout out to Dr. Tony Cappa for helping to get me hooked again on poker, and a special salute to him for introducing me to double or nothing tournaments.

3 comments:

Dr. X-Tina said...

You might not find a lot of veggies yet. When I was there last weekend, it was mainly plants/herbs, so don't be too disappointed. I agree, Madison's market is superb.

DJLeigh said...

You also went to the Des Moines Farmer's Market. It is also one of my faves!

Holly said...

I thought it was only open on Saturdays?