Friday, May 22, 2009

One year ago this weekend....


I tried to run a half marathon with this contraption on my leg.

I did not even get to start. It was that bad. The multiple vicodin that I took right beforehand had no effect, until I tried to sleep, when they just made things a little wacky.

So on Sunday, the one year anniversary, I'll be running the Madison half marathon, and knock on wood, I'm healthy enough to do it. I've busted my ass to get to a point where I'm healthy enough to not only run, but hopefully run well.

I'm also quite excited that Julia will be with me, although she sadly cannot run, as she's recovering from a calf injury. On top of that, we'll have some extra time to hit up the Madison farmer's market, and the Silly Yak Bakery in Madison, which appears to be a spectacular place for people like me. Very excited about the situation.

Also, I get to see Leigh on Friday night, and a special treat on Monday, seeing Ali and CT, who will be in Chicago from Australia. Hopefully, Ali and I will hammer out exactly what the heck I'm going to be doing down under in a month. (FRICK....I go to Australia in a month!)

I hope everyone else has a spectacular Memorial Day Weekend. I'll text my results here to the blog on Sunday morning. I'm hoping for 1:55. It will be an extreme challenge, though. One I hope I'm ready for!

4 comments:

Dr. X-Tina said...

Good Luck!!

Dr. Cappa said...

By people like you, do you mean "sexy?"

Unknown said...

good luck dude. you will definitely be under 1:55, you need to set loftier goals ;)

Teach said...

Run, Mike, Run!