Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dream Update #4 - Live from Rock Island

I am back in college, which is in a large metropolitan area. I'm walking with Glenn to my math class, which I'm dreading immensely, because I haven't taken a math class since calculus in high school. So I get there, and LPGA golfer Lorena Ochoa is teaching the class, and is apparently a math wiz, and also a whack job about her math. I pull up a chair next to Emily Wickstrom, who works in the University of Illinois Sports Information Department. (How do I say this....Emily is awesome in real life, but I wouldn't say she gives off the impression that she's some sort of amazing math wiz) Emily and I lament that Lorena is being so tough about this class, and apparently, there is a math tournament coming up tomorrow for the math majors. But for whatever reason, Lorena is calling on Emily to answer the first few math problems in class, to make an example of her. But Emily knows them! Without even figuring them out! Ochoa can't finish writing the problem, and Emily spits out the answers. The Professor is asking her for her reasoning (which, for some reason, I'm able to logically answer how each of the problems is solved, but I dont answer out loud, for fear of ruining Emily's moment), and Emily can't answer that.....and then the alarm went off.

Greetings from some fake lodge in Rock Island. It's bizarre.

No comments: