Monday, September 22, 2008

Dream Update 5/6

Both of these dreams happened this afternoon, one during a snooze:

#5- (Ironically, this morning, we were talking on the air about celebrity cameos): I am walking around the Bielfeldt Athletic Administration Building on campus, and see some people hanging out in a conference room (that isn't actually there in real life), and there's Illinois golf coach Mike Small. We talk for 10 minutes about how his team won a tournament this weekend, and how it was the best win his team has had in school history. I ask him if he had to TIVO the Ryder Cup, and he said yes, and I then make this joke: "My gosh, you must have had more shots on your brain than an alcoholic!" which, for some reason, makes both of us laugh so hard, that we hug. Mike gets called over to do a TV interview, so I prepare to leave, except both of the men's and women's cross country teams are preparing to take their team picture, so I can't get out of the entryway.
That's when I wake up, and then go back to sleep to have DREAM #6, a very quick dream

#6- Kevin, from the morning show, is lamenting how he hasn't had any of his favorite candy, Schillpees, since forever, because his kids end up taking his, and this morning, he found some tucked in his car somewhere, completely melted. He told me this, and immediately, I knew what they tasted like, (M&Ms), and where I could find them. So I run out to my car, and sure enough, tucked away in the curtains of my blinders (yes, like the blinders that protect your eyes from the sun.....mine are curtains), is a half eaten bag of Schillpees. I bring them in, and put them in the freezer for instant freezing, and then give them to Kevin frozen, but delicious. But I'm feeling guilty, because I don't know exactly how old they are, so I tell him that they could be two years old, and then he begins to yell......and I wake up.

More on my weekend in Rock Island soon, hopefully.

No comments: