Saturday, June 27, 2009

First post from Sydney

I only have about 12 minutes left at an internet cafe, so I want to be somewhat concise, and descriptive at the same time.
I have been in Australia now for 9 hours. I have stayed awake (its 4:15 here, 1:15 where most of you are) all day, after only having slept about 4 or 5 hours on the plane.
The plane ride was insane. I got pajamas to wear, my own TV, personal service, gluten free meals, and I think if I had asked for a rub down, would have gotten one. I didn't want to leave the plane. The seat folded in to a bed for god's sake!
I have more I want to write about my travels, but time forbids.
So far in Australia, I've toured the Botanical gardens, hit up Paddy's markets, did Darling Harbour (but skipped the Aquarium and its 32 dollar cost), went through Hyde Park, over to the Royal Botanic Gardens, the Art Gallerty, the Government House, and then walked up to the Opera House, but did not pay 35 for a tour. That is a full day, considering my body is telling me its 1:15 and I didn't sleep last night.
It really is beautiful here, although I'd imagine that if it was summer and everything was in bloom, it would be even better.
Tomorrow, I'm definitely going for a 7 mile run up to the Gardens, but probably not across the bridge...although that might change. I'm also going to the Paddington Markets, and "The Rocks." Outside of that, I don't know.
Also not sure when I'll be able to post pictures. THat may have to wait a few days. Until I get to Ali's.
I mean, 29 dollars a day for internet at the hotel? C'mon!
Any questions, leave them here, and I'll respond when I can.
Mike

No comments: