Monday, June 22, 2009

Trying not to think about Australia for now...


I tend to get a tad bit paralyzed when thinking about all the things coming up over the next few days. It's so, so exciting. But at the same time, just a heck of a lot to process...flying for 24 hours, making sure I have anything, worrying about the cats, hoping that Julia gets through her last couple weeks of classes...

anywho.

I've spent a couple of minutes tonight watching Jon and Kate plus Eight. I am incredibly pleased I've never watched any of this before. She's a nutjob, and he's a bluetooth wearing weirdo. I hope that it goes off the air, for the kids' sake.

One of the things I'm looking forward to when I get back from Australia is a office race that we're having to give away Nascar tickets on the air. Qualifiers will have to race in office chairs, facing forward, around our parking lot, twice, to win the tickets. I will enjoy watching them struggle, as well as Sarah and Jennifer Ketchmark. Mostly because I will be exhausted after having arrived back in the country 8 hours earlier, and will need a laugh.

I'm also looking forward to a Cubs game on the 24th. I'm not in charge of any of the planning. I went and looked at ticket prices anyway. And its something like 55 bucks per ticket if we all want to sit together, and its the worst seats at Wrigley.

I ran 10 miles on Saturday morning. I got up at 5 to do so, because I've hit the portion of the year when I absolutely melt. It was 75 at 6AM, and by the time I hit home at 7:45ish, I was soaking wet, and my clothes weighed several pounds. But it's a necessity if I want to get through these next two half marathons in the next 6 weeks. I think I can do it.

The poker thing continues to progress. I've won some, I've lost some...it's just a matter of learning.

I owe my mom a huge debt of gratitude for this trip. It's going to be amazing.

I'm going to miss watching the Cubs every night. Is that weird?
OK. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

RomanX said...

The internets...watch the cubs on the tubes....