Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How are you saving money?



So, as some of you know, we got hit at the station by a mandatory pay cut. Obviously, that's strongly preferred over losing a job, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, it just means that we really have to made some decisions on what we're spending on.

So, in the past 12 hours (I was up most of the night in a panic attack, to be honest), I've cut the following: Netflix, and HBO. I am down dramatically on Netflix, and will likely suspend it completely once the weather gets a little bit warmer, when I can ride my bike to the library on a regular basis. In all, that will save me about $30 a month once I get rid of Netflix. It's hard, but I suppose it's best. I'm also going to be eating a ton of hash browns ($2 a bag, which is 2 servings!) and pasta. It is what it is.

Luckily, I've saved up money for my Vegas trip next month...and I've got to save a little bit for Australia, obviously. But I will continue to try and find other ways to save when I can.

What else are you cutting? Feel free to leave anonymous comments if you like, but I'm curious as to what else people are taking out of their budgets right now.

1 comment:

Teach said...

We decided to stop feeding Macy. She has been able to scrunge up some crumbs off the floor and get water from the dog bowl, but nothing from us. We'll let you know how much it saves us this month.