Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I declare myself fit enough...also, thoughts on Jim Carrey.

to run the Illinois Marathon.
I did 11.1 last night. I was about 2 seconds off my pace that would get me at my goal time of 1:55. Part of that was due to the fact that I had to stop twice for traffic. In theory, that won't be a problem during the actual race. So, it'll be very close. I will be hoping for some spectacularly OK weather. I mean, just something close to 40-50 degrees, with light winds. And SUN. If that happens, we've got a chance.

OK, so, over the last month, it's come up multiple times: Jim Carrey. I hate him. I refuse to watch any of his movies. I do not find him funny. I do not enjoy his style of humor. Mind you, I like some really stupid crap. But for God's sake,I do not like Jim Carrey. So there. I'm sorry I don't understand your references to Dumb and Dumber. But he sucks! HE SUCKS!
Yet I feel like I'm letting everyone down by not watching these (apparently) quintissential movies.

Feel free to chime in. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks he sucks.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Dumb & Dumber is one of my top favorite comedy movies that I can watch over and over and always enjoy it.

I will now think less of any of your movie/comedy choices.

RomanX said...

He has done some good work. In general I try not make gross over generalizitions, except on those that deserve them. I actually enjoyed 'Me, Myself and Irene'.

But don't worry Cation we all like crap. We just have different sorts of crap that we like.

Teach said...

I did enjoy Dumb and Dumber.