Friday, March 20, 2009

I'll keep this quick, and maybe post later today...

I'm obviously disappointed in what happened last night. The sense of urgency wasn't there until about four minutes left in the game. I don't understand how that happens, to be honest. But it did, and we move on. All things considered, it was a season that was much, much better than I had expected, and I think it's realistic for this program to expect top 3 in the Big Ten, and the possibility of a Sweet 16 year in and year out. This year, they did that, finishing 2nd, and getting a 5 seed. Can't complain about that. But today, I'm bummed. I suppose that's a good sign.

On a personal note, my thoughts are with Julia who is in Oklahoma due to the loss of her Aunt.

1 comment:

Amber said...

If someone would have told me in November that U of I would end up 2nd in the Big Ten, with a 5 seed in the tourney - I would have punched them in the throat and also high-fived them. Here's to optimism for teh future.